Friday, May 30, 2008

A Strange Vision I Had of Pop-Pop a Few Nights Ago That I Still Don't Know What To Think Of

It was towards the end,
in the stillness,
before the business
and shuffling of nurses' feet.

His eyes suddenly flashed open
from their medicated coma
with urgent intensity,
like he had been gathering all his energy
for months
for this final surge of life.

He looked at me,
into me,
with such depth and clarity,
"Have you seen Him?"

Wide-eyed and breathless,
I felt the weight of his entire life
drop in my chest.
I couldn't speak.

He smiled knowingly at me,
and I was looking at a man
now fully alive.
I had never seen a man
fully alive.
He winked at me and said,
"I've seen Him."

My lips could only shiver,
"Who?"

I trembled in anticipation,
because this question
was suddenly
the only question that mattered.

He pulled me closer with a twinkle in his eye,
like a child who could not
conceal his excitement and wonder.

With awe and authority
he whispered his last words,
his only words,
shooting fire down my spine and
giving new meaning to capitalized letters:
"THE INVENTOR!"

2 comments:

Drake Brookfield said...

i think that is scary but cool at the same time. Do you think the INVENTOR could be Jesus...I think so :)

Jeremy said...

i want that to be real.

cool man.