Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Impressionist


“Hello, yes,
I can't believe I'm actually meeting you,
I'm such a big fan.
Hahaha,
isn't that wonderful!
Hmm, well, you don't say.
Wow, uh-huh, how interesting,
you are very important,
very beautiful.

No, no, keep talking,
I just need you to stretch a blank canvas
over my face.
That's it, keep stretching till it's tight
around my head
and I can't breath anymore.
Wow, you're very good, you must do this often.

No, keep talking, just another minute
till I suffocate.
There we are, that old face is dead,
it gets less painful each time.

Now you have a blank palette
to paint me exactly the way
others have painted you
for everyone to see.
No, I don't care,
I'll be whoever you want me to be.

My, you have such a big, important brush
and bold strokes.
Your colors are so bright and vibrant,
easy for others to smear and fade into.
Wow, that is so beautiful, so unique,
just like every other canvas in the mob
following your every step.”

2 comments:

Drake Brookfield said...

i dont know what to say...

Shelby Abbott said...

it sounded like a scence from "Saw II", not "Saw I", just "Saw II".

I never saw any of the "Saw" movies.