Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Value Menu


I gave this guy a dollar
and asked him to play a little
Ornette Coleman or Sonny Rollins.
He said he was the next
John Coltrane
before he started playing some Charlie Parker.
The summer heat swelled his cheeks
and bellowed through his brass sax,
while the passion and fury of angry jazz
and a life of cheap purgery
of dollar renditions
of tired supermarket compositions
bulged in his ballooning eyes,
making Charlie Parker turn in his grave
and me tuck tail and run
before turning back and yelling
"That's a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger man!"

5 comments:

Shelby Abbott said...

JBC. 2 days ago I saw a JBC on sale for $1.29. It made me so angry, I ran outside to the parking lot and spit.

The Jake said...

I just spit too.

The Traditional Plastic said...

jake...holy crap. that was awesome. Tuck tail and run...hahaha

Jeremy said...

hahhahha...

"Did you just call me Coltrane?"

Drake Brookfield said...

this is great Jake.....but it is sad to hear about the $1.29 JBC :(