Thursday, April 3, 2008

Echoes

All I’ve known
I now know no longer.
I long for the
Whispering hints of remnants
Creaking through these old bones,
The clarity fading with decaying memories
While the only monuments
That haven’t crumbled
Are the weathered lines
Etched on my face
Branching out like dried up streams;
A winding open grave of sun-scorched limestone
Lying lifeless
Listening to the withered roots below
Tell tales of old
Of melting snow
Flowing from distant storms.

The thunder rumbles in the distance,
But even the echoes are welcome now.

10 comments:

Markus Edwards said...

dang

those last two lines are powerful

The Traditional Plastic said...

jake your still writing...good.

Drake Brookfield said...

me likey....I like the part about the lines on the face and how they are like dried up streams....the imagery is great :)

Mark Edwards said...

Jake:
Snap out of it.
Mark

The Jake said...

Mark: What do you mean?

Mark Edwards said...

You either know what I mean or I am reading things all wrong.

If the later, then no need to snap out of it and carry on.

We just need you in the game.

(don't you love abstruseness?)

The Jake said...

Hahaha, okay!

thetraditionalplastic said...

I think I am back homey...

Markus Edwards said...

the office is also back.
im glad your both back.

The Jake said...

I hope you're back Sammy,
also, let's all blog about the office tomorrow.