Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hot Tub

I was sitting in my hot tub the other night
drinking a cold root beer,
watching the stars peek in and out
between wisps of stretched cotton clouds
like some mother-baby peek-a-boo game,
trying not to giggle
as the jets spit water between my toes.

I closed my eyes and began to ponder...
"Hmm, I wonder what I'd be doing right now
if I was sitting in this hot tub without my cold
draft of sassafras?"

I sat there for a while
pondering this conundrum
when it suddenly dawned on me...
I would be doing just that,
just sitting in that hot tub,
without a root beer!

It was so simple!
So simple, in fact, that it occurred to me
that I had been soaking
in what now felt like a lukewarm bath
for a few hours too long,
and that I was now bordering on the edge
of thought
of that
of a 3 year old,
floating dangerously close
to insanity,
and what used to be a perfectly crisp
Slim Jim.

4 comments:

Markus Edwards said...

i cant wait to be there in a few weeks....just sitting there...going insane, with a rootbeer, just sitting

The Jake said...

Now you're talking brother.

Drake Brookfield said...

yeah...rootbeer is good...and so are hot tubs...and so are slim jims...

thetraditionalplastic said...

dude your crisp slim jim is no more...in the water...hot tub...your wang...hahahhaha...sorry