Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sick

I was sick this weekend.
Pretty sick,
Like 102 temp.
Which is a lot for me
Because I've never really had a fever before.
I stayed in bed all weekend.
Like, literally 20 hours a day.
It was kind of cool though,
Just laying around like my dogs do all day long,
With nothing to worry about,
No cares at all.
Except the fact that I felt like Hell
And wanted to die.

I really thought that I wouldn't mind
Dying,
And I wasn't really even that sick.

During one of the four hours that I was up this weekend
I watched a Discovery Channel special
About this couple who was lost at sea,
And they survived for 100 days off turtles, fish, and rainwater.

1 comment:

The Traditional Plastic said...

jake i love how "practical" your poetry gets...I can see myself in it. I am serious. Keep writing, it gets better