Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hurricane

Where do they all come from?
This war-torn battle zone rolls into a raging
Storm.
They swarm around and around
Appearing and reappearing all around me.
I can't tell where they all come from
Even though I'm watching them
with crazed, burning eyes.
Crawling, swarming, pinching, touching,
yelling, running, yelling, shouting, yelling,
asking questions,
asking, asking.
My body begins to shut down, to give up,
My eyes glaze over
And the swarming mass blurs into nothing.
My jaw drops in relaxation
And I pray for snow
As I dismiss my last class for lunch
And lounge my chair back
In the eye of a
Hurricane.

2 comments:

The Traditional Plastic said...

"the swarming mass blurs into nothing"

that is the hotness...

keep em coming bro!

Drake Brookfield said...

Jake....your poems are a safe haven for me at work, when I am in my own little hurricane...thanks and keep them coming.