Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fresh Ink

Old man,
Your boundless depth
Of wisdom and
Experience
Draws me to your
Well.

I am Thirsty.

The fire behind the
Sun and wind of your
Wrinkled eyes
Whispers
"I know God,
Come,
Follow me"

I am hungry.

You are not finished.
Your life is demanded of you
Today
And tomorrow,
And I am here to
Take it.

But I don't know how to
Ask,
And you don't know how to
Offer.

And so
The shade and strength of a
Great oak
Remain hidden behind
Usher handshakes,
Golf carts,
And annual birthday cards
With $20
And no
Fresh
Ink.

3 comments:

Drake Brookfield said...

Who are you talking about in the poem? I thought it was me and then realized it wasn't

The Jake said...

I was thinking about why mentoring doesn't happen much any more.

The Traditional Plastic said...

mentoring doesn't occur anymore because most men are scared to...and kick ass poem man. for real i think you found your writing niche