Friday, March 16, 2007

I Have A Dream

I have a dream
About once a week or so
That there is a
Giant snake
In our
Bed.
It's usually a gigantic
Albino python.

And man, do I go
Nuts,
And man, does Carly
Freak out.
I start smashing the whole bed
With my pillow
And I swear,
Even after I've been awake for a couple minutes,
I swear that it's still there,
But I just can't
Find it.

I'm sure psychologists would say
That it symbolizes some kind of
Mumbo jumbo,
Like I'm maladjusted from childhood,
Or anxious about death,
Or scared of snakes.

So, Carly reassures me that there is
No giant snake in our bed
As I lay back down and wonder about
Symbolism,
And low-cut nightgowns,
And whether I shouldn't prove to her
That there actually is a
Giant albino python
In our bed.

1 comment:

The Traditional Plastic said...

dude I bet if she punched you in the crotch, she would see that that is really the case...atleast a baby albino python