Monday, May 21, 2007

High Blood Pressure

We had just gotten a new Kitchenaide
for Christmas.
You know, one of those sleek Jetson's
looking things
that's aerodynamic from every angle
for whenever you may need that.

It's a muted yellow color
that stands out from every other color in our kitchen.
It's great to look at,
which they all are,
but we wanted to move up into the elite
part of society who actually used it.

We spent about 3 hours making dinner
one Sunday evening.
We made our own pasta, tomato sauce, and bread
while drinking wine and listening to jazz.

So after 3 hours of cooking, we sat down to eat
for about 4 minutes.
It was delicious, I think,
I couldn't really tell.
I don't think I really even took a breath between bites
I devoured it so fast.

Then I was sad.

Ever since then I have been enjoying my food more,
savoring it,
and not only have I developed a new
taste for tastes,
but I have adopted my savouring and enjoying strategy
to life in general.

Instead of just living in the moment,
I try to taste the moment.

Now maybe I can avoid high blood pressure
later in life.

2 comments:

GL - A said...

Cool blog, i just randomly surfed in, but it sure was worth my time, will be back

Deep Regards from the other side of the Moon

Drake Brookfield said...

Jake, yet another great blog......and I hope you don't already have high blood pressure..